Mental hygiene is defined as a series of activities that give an opportunity to release the emotional tension of the day and place the person in their present well-being
In order to establish the importance of optimal mental health for the functioning of the individual in his daily life, the Institute of Security and Social Services of the Workers of the Government and Municipalities of the State of Baja California (ISSSTECALI), through the service of Psychology, promotes mental hygiene strategies among its beneficiaries.
“Currently, one of the great challenges to resume a daily routine is the mental state of the human being. The pandemic left several sequels in the body, not only in the physical aspect, but also reduced the mental state of the people, for this reason, we are focused on educating our rights holders and giving them the tools that support them day by day to rediscover their balance and achieve their well-being”, pointed out the psychologist.
She added that mental hygiene is defined as a series of activities that cultivate the general balance of a person within his environment, which give an opportunity to release the emotional tension of the day and place the person in his present well-being.
Some of the activities that the person can perform within their daily routine are:
-Plan the activities of the day: this allows the person to be aware of her motivations and avoid disorder within the mind.
- Identify our qualities, value the efforts of change and congratulate ourselves for achieving it.
-Keep a diary: writing how your day is going allows the person to realize what they have learned.
- Keep in mind pleasant memories and evoke them when you have a situation of pressure or tension.
- Be careful with words when talking about a situation that promotes a negative feeling or emotion.
- Dedicate time to constantly practice a physical activity.
- Maintain a balanced diet.
- Set a time for technology detox.
- Nourish the mind: read a book or poems, listen to music.
The public official invited the beneficiary to approach the Psychology service of the Medical Unit assigned to her to receive more information and the necessary support to achieve her health objective.